SRC working meeting
November 30, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm 1150 New London Ave, Cranston, RI 02920, USAAgenda Gameofficials learning system Grade 7 and 8 upload Grade 6 class SRC handbook SRI Nominations
Chariho board meeting
December 3, 2015 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm First Baptist Church, 1059 Main St, Hope Valley, RI 02832, United States1st Thursday every month 7:30
Girls HS Board Banquet
December 4, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
SRI Christmas Party
December 7, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm 1150 New London Ave, Suite LL1, Cranston, RI 02920Monthly Board of Directors meeting
SRC Town Hall Meeting
December 8, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm North Providence Public Library
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
The Rhode Island Pro Clinic will be led by Robert Heilmann. Robert has been a member of the US Soccer Federation since 1975 as a National Referee, National Assessor, and National Instructor. He served as a FIFA AR (inaugural group) from 1992-1994. He has officiated World Cup qualifiers, Copa De Oro, pro indoor for 27 seasons and 6 NCAA finals. Most recently, he was part of the US delegation to the FIFA Futuro Instructors’ Course.
The Pro Clinic will be held on February 20, 2016 at New England Tech in East Greenwich. This is an advanced clinic. There is a morning and afternoon session. Each session is worth 4 hours of inservice training on gameofficials for referees, instructors and assessors. Space is limited and pre-registration is necessary on gameofficials.
The SRC has approved 4 additional training opportunities for referees and assignors to receive inservice training hours. All courses are now posted in gameofficials under referee courses and combined courses. They are grade specific so be sure that you have pre-registered in gameofficials to insure that you are able to obtain credit for attending. You are welcome to attend training in addition to the 4 hours necessary for recertification. Please check that there is room before you arrive.
Super Liga Referee Educational Webinar Series
Join us for a webinar on Dec 09, 2015 at 7:00 PM EST.
“THE ASSISTANT REFEREE”
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
In addition, if you need this webinar for in-service training credit, you must log onto your Game Officials account and register their also.
You will also get a confirmation email from Game Officials.
Recap: You must register for the webinar with the link below, and register in Game Officials. Please register as soon as possible, space is limited.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — World soccer legend Eusebio headlines the list of nine inductees at the New England Soccer Hall of Fame’s 38th annual Induction Dinner on Sunday, Nov. 22, noon at the Ramada Inn in Seekonk, Mass.
Inductees include our own * ANGELO PASSARETTA – A former Rhode island State Referee Administrator, he recently retired after 40 years as a referee.
Tickets for the induction dinner are $38, and are available by telephoning Lillian Sousa at 401-434-6592 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by the Nov. 12 deadline. All tickets must be purchased in advance; no tickets will be available at the door.
You can click on the link above to view screen shots of the process
- Login to Got Soccer as a referee. If you are new to Got Soccer, you will need to create an account. If you are not new, please do not create duplicate accounts, you can use the Referee Account Lookup link to search for previous accounts.
- Once you have logged in, you will need to click on Events.
- The screen should now say, “You are not registered for any upcoming events” and the link to search for all upcoming events
- Select a date range from September to November 2015 and select RI as the state
- You will see Kohl’s American Cup and the button to Register for Event
- Once you click on Register for Event, you are registered to referee in this year’s Kohl’s Cup on October 3 and 4, there will be two locations this year so if you have a preference, please be sure to contact Kelly before assignments are complete
We are fast approaching the end of 2015, please remember the recertification deadline is December 31. All registrations approved after the deadline, will result in a $10 monthly fine.
All recert exams are posted. Please be aware by checking into your gameofficials account if you have the need inservice hours for your grade. There will be limited opportunities, already posted in gameofficials, to obtain your need inservice hours this year.
Congratulations to Amilcar Sicaju for being appointed one of only two assistant referees at this years USASA National Cup Finals
All officials should be aware of the SRC policy regarding conflicting assignments:
- Each referee is expected to keep all assignments that are accepted. However, there are certain occasions when a referee has previously accepted an assignment and receives a higher priority assignment which takes precedence as described in the Referee Administrative Handbook. The referee must contact the assignor of the lower-priority match to be released from that assignment. In accordance this this policy, when assigned at least 48 hours in advance, State Cup Competitions have precedence over any other match within the state.
- For in-state assignments, received at least 72 hours before the match, a referee is encouraged to contact his/her original assignor in order to be released if assigned to a higher-level match. Assignors, in order to further referee development are highly encouraged to release that referee without prejudice.
A phone call to your original assignor is more professional versus a text or email correspondence.
REGISTRATION: The Superliga season is one week away. You should have received your superliga assignment username and password this week if your 2015 registration is complete. If you did not, all grade 9 officials should contact Brian Sperlongano at email@example.com. All grade 8 officials and above should contact Steven Mauricio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INSERVICE TRAINING: There are many opportunities to obtain in-service training hours this month. Please remember that all in-service training can be used for 2015 or 2016 at this time of the year. You must indicate to your instructor if you are using the training for a year other that what the session is listed for.
You must pre register in gameofficials before attending any training event. You must obtain 4 hours of training annually and all training must be done by December 31 of each year.
|April 2||6:30 pm||Advanced Superliga Meeting||Warwick|
|April 4||12 pm||Town Hall Meeting||East Greenwich|
|April 4||12:30 pm||Field Training||Providence|
|April 4||2:30 pm||Field Training||Providence|
|April 4||4:30 pm||Field Training||Providence|
|April 7||6:30 pm||Intermediate Superliga Meeting||Smithfield|
|April 8||6:30 pm||Advanced Superliga Meeting||Bristol|
|April 15||7 pm||Monthly In-service||Bristol|
FITNESS TEST: The first fitness test of the year is scheduled for April 4 starting at 9 am in Warwick. Fitness testing is required for all officials to maintain grade 7 and above. Fitness testing is also used to add bonus points to your Top 100 score.
MEMBER AT LARGE: Congratulations to Kathy Souza for being reelected to represent all officials on the SRC board at our AGM last month. You can reach out to Kathy with any questions or concerns about officiating at email@example.com
GEAR: You can order SRC program gear (polo, training shirts, warm ups etc) at the Gob Shops in Warren