Referees who wish to upgrade from Grade 8 to Grade 7 must:
- Provide a game count to SRA in order to obtain the override code to register in gameofficials.
- Entry to the Grade 7 course is restricted to individuals that have worked 5 games as referee in 80 minute competitive matches or higher.
- Complete the Grade 7 Referee course.
- Pass the USSF Grade 7 Exam
- In order to be eligible to referee at the U19 competitive level or higher, Grade 7 referees must also pass one field assessment and pass the FIFA Sprint and Interval Test at the Grade 7 level. Referees that fail or choose not to complete these additional requirements will continue to retain their grade but will not be eligible to work at the higher level.