During this transition period of the State Referee Committee, there have been many inconsistent pieces of information that are floating around. We would like to take this opportunity to address all topics of interest:
1) Game Officials is no longer recognized as the source of referee registration. Currently certified referees are * required * to create an account on the US Soccer Learning Center website (https://learning.ussoccer.com). All recertification courses will be advertised and hosted on the Learning Center site.
2) Individuals who wish to become a certified referee * AND * are at least 13 years old will also create an account on the Learning Center website. There will be more information about future New Referee Courses posted on the Learning Center later this year.
3) Individuals who wish to become a referee who are * NOT * at least 13 years old should contact their local Referee Coordinator to obtain information about local recreational referee programs. A list of all Referee Coordinators can be found at this link:
4) Referees who are currently registered as Grade 9, 8, or 7 officials * CAN NOW * take the 2020 Recertification Course on the Learning Center. The course can be found by following this link:
This course will * CLOSE * on December 31, 2019. You must complete ALL of the course materials before the end of the year. Please note that you do not have to do the entire course in one sitting – you can pause the course and come back to it later.
5) Referees who are currently registered as Grade 5 or 6 officials * CAN NOW * take the 2020 Regional Referee Recertification Course on the Learning Center using this link:
This course will also * CLOSE * on December 31, 2019.