The recertification deadline is December 31!
In order to recertify, Referees must complete the following:
- Complete 4 hours of in-service training for Grades 9,8 and emeritus. Grade 7 officials must complete 6 hours, Grade 6 officials must complete 8 hours annually.
- Pass the annual exam:
- Grade 9 Exam, 3 attempts to pass at 80%
- Grade 8 Exam, 2 attempts to pass at 80%
- Grade 7 exam, 2 attempts to pass at 80%
- Grade 6 exam, 2 attempts to pass at 80%
- State Emeritus Exam, 2 attempts to pass at 70%
- Pay the annual fee — collected when you take the exam or paid by check to the SRC office in Cranston. A late fee of $10 per month will be assessed after December 31.
Online payments are safe, secure, and instantaneous online in GameOfficials with a major credit card. Your fee is charged when you take the exam, or you can pay a balance due here. Note that the late fee is based on when you complete all registration requirements. Any uncollected late fees will be automatically applied to the following year’s certification. For checks sent by mail, please mail the check to:
State Referee Committee
c/o Soccer Rhode Island
1150 New London Ave Ste LL1
Cranston, RI 02920
Please be sure to include the referees name with the check! Please direct payment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for up to 2 weeks processing time for your payment to be posted to GameOfficials.