(Updated November 2019)
U.S. Soccer National Referees and Assistant Referees are qualified to officiate the highest level of domestic competition, including NWSL, USL Championship and MLS.
National Referees and Assistant Referees are selected and certified directly by U.S. Soccer after meeting the minimum eligibility standards:
- Minimum of Two (2) consecutive years as a Regional Referee
- 100 Games at the Adult Amateur Level
- 50 – Referee
- 50 – Assistant Referee
- Minimum of three (3) passing evaluations in the selected track done by three (3) different National Referee Coaches
- Must come from affiliated games with a minimum of 45-minute halves
- FIFA Fitness Test
- Track & Gender Specific – Category 1
First time and re-certifying National referees must pass an Online National Test, complete SafeSport Training, complete the Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments and pass an NCSI background check.