Game Requirements by Age
The length of games, ball size, ball weight, and ball dimensions for each age group shall be as follows:
Soccer ball requirements: size #5, circumference 27-28 inches, and weight 14-16 ounces. For U12, ball size is #4.
age game length semi-final/final game length semi/final OT period
U13 two 35 min halves two 35 min halves two 10 min halves
U14 two 35 min halves two 35 min halves two 10 min halves
U15 two 40 min halves two 40 min halves two 15 min halves
U16 two 40 min halves two 40 min halves two 15 min halves
U17 two 40 min halves two 45 min halves two 15 min halves
U18 two 40 min halves two 45 min halves two 15 mi halves
Note: Tie scores will stand in all preliminary matches. For any playoff, if the game is still tied at the end of overtime, the FIFA “Kicks from the Penalty Mark” rules will determine the winner.
- permitted on any stoppage of play
- Rule 105 Substitutions
Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play. There is no limit on re-entry of a substituted player into the game.
Roster Copies and Checking of Player Passes
Each coach must have a copy of his/her team’s official stamped State Association roster and US Youth Soccer player passes at every game. A copy of the roster will be given to the referee. Prior to the start of the game, the referee is required to check player passes against each player and against the names on the official stamped State Association roster. This requirement is not optional and a referee’s refusal to check player passes shall be immediately reported to the League Commissioner following the game.
Official Game Report Form
Prior to the beginning of each game, the home team coach shall be responsible for completing the League’s Official Game Report. The Game Report Form and a copy of the roster from each team will be delivered to the referee prior to kick off.
Upon completion of the game, the referee shall submit the complete Game Report form and both teams’ rosters to the League Commissioner. The referee shall also include details about any red or yellow cards given during the game. This information shall include the date, Players Name, ID Number [if any], Team Name, and reason for each caution or ejection.
The Region I Premier League will use the three (3) man system for all games. Referee fees are as follows:
Age Group Center Referee Each Assistant Referee Under 18 $80 $40 Under 17 $80 $40 Under 16 $80 $40 Under 15 $80 $40 Under 14 $70 $35 Under 13 $70 $35
- Red cards ARE NOT kept
- Guest Players will NOT be allowed on any teams participating in the Region I Premier League
Region One premier league game reports
- After the game, the REFEREE shall submit the completed Game Report Form with Both Official Game Rosters to the Region I Premier League Commissioner by scanning and emailing to email@example.com or by FAX: (401) 647-1504. If necessary the forms may be mailed to 233 Nipmuc Rd, Foster, RI 02825.
- The referee shall immediately forward to the Region I Premier League Commissioner details about any red or yellow cards given during the game. The information shall be sent via FAX to (401) 647-1504 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web site: www.region1.com
Subregional game reports Northeast league are to be submitted to
Eastern Regional League Commissioner
23 Willow Road
Greenville, RI 02828